MagpieRSS 0.6 is out. It was a rather long alpha, hopefully that means people tried it, and it worked.
Key features are
- support for private RSS feeds (via SSL, and HTTP Auth Basic) is working again.
- refactored the code to support Atom’s “content constructs”, now supports:
atom:title, atom:tagline, atom:copyright, atom:info, atom:summary, and
atom:content. Thanks to Tim Bishop for feedback and encouragement.
update: – where “refactor” meant introduced bugs. MagpieRSS 0.61 is now out.
- Content is normalized. You can access core RSS elements using Atom field names and visa vera.
atom:contentis stored in
$item['atomcontent']to avoid clashing with RSS modcontent.
- content constructs are flattened (as if they were always
- Everything else is concatted into hierachical namespace.
- I’ve made no attempt to support base64 encoding
Private RSS (and Atom)
- To access a feed via SSL use the
- To access a feed behind basic HTTP authentication include the username and password in the URL, e.g.
- And, no surprises here, you can combine them