Landed in Seattle today. It was raining. The city wooed, and won me, and now it can rain. In other news I made a push on the flight out today to try to bash my Weather RSS project into workable order before I starting hacking on other projects full time tomorrow. I got it there, but just barely.
- Doesn’t work for US cities. Its coming, but I didn’t get to it today.
- Be gentle, running as a CGI so its slow, and resource intensive.
- Weather info updates every 3 hours, don’t hit a feed more often then that.
- Absolutely everything is subject to change, and probably will.
- Very little in the way of error handling, and robustness checking.
- Missing cities?
- Mangled data?
- Thoughts on the format?
- Thoughts on the module? (see the mod_weather quicktopic discussion)
- Anything else
And the project has its own rss feed.