- Amazon EC2 Getting Started Guide – very approachable walk through on get EC2 up and running
- How I Set Up My EC2 Instance for Rails & Litespeed – bit more specific instructions, not entirely accurate
- Fedora Core 6 Lite Base Image – simple, actively used AMI. The Debian images came with too many caveats.
- Changing your mysql data directory
/mntis the new
- Dead Simple Deployment (with Mongrel and Rails) – basic Mongrel cluster instructions.
- Time For A Grown-Up Server: Rails, Mongrel, Apache, Capistrano and You – never had much luck with Pen and co — Apache2’s proxying modules rawk!
- Fedora memcache + drupal walkthrough – memcached on Fedora
- Howto: rpmbuild –
sudo yum install fedora-rpmdevtools
- My Rails Toolbox
Also some yum’ed packages:
yum install sudo gcc ruby ruby-libs ruby-mode ruby-rdoc ruby-irb ruby-ri ruby-docs ruby-devel rsync ruby-mysql.i386 mysql mysql-devel mysql-server mysql-admin httpd-devel apr apr-devel apr-util-devel subversion libevent